stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Building Puppet-Based Applications Inside Docker
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 02:40:04 GMT
Hi Imesh,

This was there form the beginning. This is for create docker image using
puppet, not running puppet inside a container and install application at
run time. By design docker not mean to support this, because it have not a
init system inside the container. By design it recommend to run single
processor inside a container.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> This is cool, now we can use Puppet with Docker:
> http://puppetlabs.com/blog/building-puppet-based-applications-inside-docker
>
> Currently we package Cartridge Agent package with base docker image. This
> is an overhead. Each time we update the Cartridge Agent package we need to
> re-create the base docker image and service docker images.
>
> Now with this approach we can host puppet modules in a git repo and create
> a base docker image without bundling any software. Then we can create
> service docker images by bundling Puppetfiles which can install puppet
> modules on runtime.

This is wrong. it not install modules run time, rather it re-create docker
image with help from puppet.

> This is great!
>
> Thanks
>

> --