Yes, I also see no point of user defining it. I can do this change.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 8:02 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com> wrote:
My only concern is then, clients should be responsible for generating an available id (this will be hard, in a multi-tenant scenario).

May be we can recommend to define the deployment policy id in following format;

deployment policy id = application id + random string ?

+1, shall we generate id from the system? without asking user.