stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com>
Subject [Announce] Apache Stratos 4.1.0 Pre-Alpha is READY
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:47:12 GMT
Hi Devs,

Apache Stratos 4.1.0-PreAlpha is now ready. The 4.1.0-PreAlpha supports the
below features.

*Supported Functionalities:*

1. Composite Application support

- Group and nested group

- Can define startup order, termination behaviour and scale decedents among
cartridges or groups

- Dependent cartridge scaling

- Group wise scaling

- Graceful Composite Application Termination

- Rest API and CLI with Composite application

- Composite Application Editor

- Composite Application status viewer

2. Docker support using Google Kubernetes and CoreOS

- Initial version implemented to use the same flow of Composite Application
and currently verifying Kubernetes specific features.

3. Mock IaaS support

- Support basic features of an IaaS required by Stratos

- Can verify stratos features without having an IaaS

- Quick response time

4. MQTT support

5. Python cartridge agent

We have verified almost all the features of Composite Application in the
MockIaas and verified the basic workflows in openstack and ec2. Once we are
satisfied with the state of the build, we will prepare 4.1.0-alpha release.

Useful Resources
==============

1. API reference:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Stratos+API+Reference

2. Composite Application high level overview:
http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/2014/12/upcoming-composite-application-support.html

3. Samples:
https://github.com/rekathiru/grouping-samples.git

4. Mock IaaS reference guide:
http://imesh.gunaratne.org/blog/introduction-to-apache-stratos-mock-iaas/

5. Composite Application support guide is attache here with.

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu