stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Important] Merging Grouping Changes to Master Branch
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:59:02 GMT
At a particular time we do have multiple listeners and only one topic
publisher for a component. Because of that generating a client id for
subscribers.

+1 for have client id unique according to this

[1].
http://www.eclipse.org/paho/files/javadoc/org/eclipse/paho/client/mqttv3/MqttClient.html#MqttClient(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)

Thanks,
Gayan

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Gayan: Was there any reason for generating a client id for subscribers and
> setting a fixed value for publishers?
>
> TopicSubscriber.doSubscribe():
> MqttClient mqttClient = MQTTConnector.getMQTTSubClient(Util.
> getRandomString(5));
>

> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@apache.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkumarr@wso2.com

>>> I'm seeing this issue as well. The agent is sending the events, but
>>> Stratos is not receiving them. Trying with a simple mqtt client now.
>>>
>> In [1], we are using the client id in mqtttopic.properties file as it is
>> and using it to start the MQTTClient. However, in the wiki it says that
>> client id should be unique across all publishers [2]. I might be missing
>> something here, but is this case handled?
>>
>> [1]. org.apache.stratos.messaging.broker.connect.MQTTConnector
>>
>> [2].
>> http://www.eclipse.org/paho/files/javadoc/org/eclipse/paho/client/mqttv3/MqttClient.html#MqttClient(java.lang.String,
>> java.lang.String)

UI as well.

<

Controller.

Thantriwatte

Rajaratnam <

Gunaratne <

from 4.0.0-grouping branch
We can now fix merge issues in

move changes to master branch.

Imesh Gunaratne <

refactoring task ("[Grouping]
Will hold this effort until that is completed.

AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <

feature in EC2 up to instance are
further.

9:57 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <
wrote:

> [...]
we creating and adding cluster
monitors) to the AutoscalerContext?
places.

at 9:37 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <
wrote:

> [...]
2014 at 8:21 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <
wrote:

> [...]
while trying to deploy the app definition
looking into it.

a null check. Will commit the fix.

20:17:18,922] ERROR
server error

1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <
wrote:

> [...]
now fixed few more issues:
subscription resource from REST API and CLI.
isKubernetesCluster property to
properties from Application definition to
objects. This is needed for Kubernetes.
drools files in stratos distribution (some
files were placed in repository/conf while the rest were at

find the sample application definition file
I have been using for testing attached with this mail.

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <
wrote:

> [...]
a service cluster(say php cluster) span across
partitions(in other words two kub cluster)? I guess kubernetes can
their containers within a kub cluster, not between kub clusters? For
if we say we need 3 replicas, it can ensure there are 3 replicas
one kub cluster. It can't manage 3 replicas within two kub cluster. Am I
something here?

A good point, we can handle this in Stratos,
be a problem.

Gunaratne

Lead, WSO2
& PMC Member, Apache Stratos