stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Proposing New Terminology for Subscription
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 06:14:06 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
 wrote:

> No, it should through the application deploy. If its a single cartridge,
> then application json has single cartridge info.

 Lakmal: I understand that the current design is to start all service
clusters when the application is deployed. However I see following
limitations with this design:
- We cannot maintain a list of available applications within Stratos unless
we connect an app store.
- Since all service clustered get created at the application deployment
time, resources will get allocated even when applications are not used by
tenants.
- Applications are not reusable by multiple tenants: Since the application
definition contains the artifact repo information the deployed application
get bound to the given repository. If another tenant needs the same
application we need to deploy it again with a different settings.

WDYT?

Thanks