stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Use of the metaData field in log publishing to BAM
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:57:17 GMT
Hi Isuru,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@apache.org>
wrote:

> Currently, do we use the meta data field to publish any data in Stratos?
> Or do you have such a requirement?

We are adding the metadata field in the current implementation.

> AFAIU, payload data contains the main information that we need to publish.
> The separate meta data and correlation data is a logical separation of
> data, and usage depends on the actual usecase. For an example, it might be
> useful to have this separation if we are to analyze the data that was
> published, and we need to separate out data in some way.

Yes, the databridge just writes the data in the order they appear to the
stream. However in Stratos do we have a scenario where the aggregated data
are analyzed based on the metadata?

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163