stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Update Autoscaling/Deployment Policies in Runtime
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:27:49 GMT
A good point, we might need to manage policies against the subscriptions to
do this.
I think we will also need to have the ability to update global policies.

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Udara Liyanage <udara@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>
>>> Do we allow policies which are in use to be updated?
>>> My concern is say a user subscribe with a policy, is he affected if
>>> another user update policies later?
>>>

>>> Yes, these updates should only affect to a subscription not the original
>> policy.
>>

> In another word, user can use existing policies as it or they can change
> it to suit their requirement.
>

>>> Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.
>>>

>> --
>> Lakmal Warusawithana
>> Vice President, Apache Stratos
>> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile : +94714289692
>> Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos