stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
Subject Delay the min check of normal cluster monitor to wait until LB monitor is added !?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:14:25 GMT
Hi,

*org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.VMServiceClusterMonitor.run();*
https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.autoscaler/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/autoscaler/monitor/VMServiceClusterMonitor.java

    @Override
    public void run() {

*        try {*
*            // TODO make this configurable,*
*            // this is the delay the min check of normal cluster monitor
to wait until LB monitor is added*
*            Thread.sleep(60000);*
*        } catch (InterruptedException ignore) {*
*        }*

        while (!isDestroyed()) {
            if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                log.debug("VMServiceClusterMonitor is running.. " +
this.toString());
            }
            try {
                if(!ClusterStatus.In_Maintenance.equals(getStatus())) {
                    monitor();
                } else {
                    if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                        log.debug("VMServiceClusterMonitor is suspended as
the cluster is in " +
                                    ClusterStatus.In_Maintenance + "
mode......");
                    }
                }
            } catch (Exception e) {
                log.error("VMServiceClusterMonitor : Monitor failed." +
this.toString(), e);
            }
            try {
                Thread.sleep(getMonitorInterval());
            } catch (InterruptedException ignore) {
            }
        }
    }

Can anyone clarify why we are doing this delay? How we can say that
LbClusterMonitor is added in 1 min?

Thanks.

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam