stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] [Service Grouping] Undeployment Process for a Composite Application
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:23:33 GMT
Hi Udara and Martin,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Udara Liyanage <udara@wso2.com> wrote:

> Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.
> On Oct 24, 2014 10:28 PM, "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <meppel@cisco.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Isuru,
> >

> > +1
> >

> > Please see a questions / comments inline
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Martin

Sorry for the confusion, my mistake. The status should corrected to
'Terminating'. Thanks a lot for pointing it out. You are correct,
Application Inactive status can happen in other cases as member errors,
etc. So we need to be able to distinguish such situations from
undeployment.
Please find mail on dev list [1] discussing possible Application States.

> At that point we can add another status InMaintainace which is handled
> differently. Created, activated, inactive, terminating and terminated are
> the available states currently.
> > Upon receiving the Application Undeployed event, Autoscaler will put the
> Application, Group and Cluster Monitors' statuses to 'Terminating' and
> start terminating members. The monitors will get removed. Also, the
> relevant events will be sent via the Application Status topic and CC will
> update the Topology with the correct statuses for Clusters, Groups, etc.
> >
> > Martin> I assume that not only application events but all the respective
> group, cluster and member topology events will be sent as well as they
> transition through the respective states, correct ?
> It should be. I get the feeling Isuru also has meant the same.

Yes, exactly.

[1]. [Discuss] [Service Grouping] Life Cycle of an Composite Application