stratos-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception while deploying Cartridge definition
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 02:21:03 GMT
Hi Chamila,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 1:22 AM, Chamila De Alwis <chamilad@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the following error when trying to configure a cartridge
> definition. The build is from stratos/master built on 2/10/2014. I was able
> to deploy other policies and configurations successfully, so this is not an
> issue relating to any of the service endpoints being down.
>
> TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-10-06 00:53:31,660]  INFO
> {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.services.ServiceUtils} -  Starting to
> deploy a Cartridge [type] php
> {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.services.ServiceUtils}
> *TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-10-06 00:53:31,673] ERROR
> {org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver} -  Exception occurred
> while trying to invoke service method deployCartridgeDefinition
> {org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver}*
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCUtil.invokeServiceClass(RPCUtil.java:212)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(RPCMessageReceiver.java:117)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:110)
>     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:180)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:172)
>     at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:146)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.core.transports.CarbonServlet.doPost(CarbonServlet.java:231)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
>     at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
>     at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:128)
>     at
> org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:68)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.servlet.DelegationServlet.service(DelegationServlet.java:68)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.filter.CharacterSetFilter.doFilter(CharacterSetFilter.java:61)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.continueInvocation(CompositeValve.java:178)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonTomcatValve$1.invoke(CarbonTomcatValve.java:47)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.webapp.mgt.TenantLazyLoaderValve.invoke(TenantLazyLoaderValve.java:56)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.TomcatValveContainer.invokeValves(TomcatValveContainer.java:47)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.invoke(CompositeValve.java:141)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.java:156)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonContextCreatorValve.invoke(CarbonContextCreatorValve.java:52)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1653)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.impl.CloudControllerServiceImpl.deployCartridgeDefinition(CloudControllerServiceImpl.java:148)
>

I don't understand how this line of code throwing a NPE

https://github.com/apache/stratos/blob/master/components/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/cloud/controller/impl/CloudControllerServiceImpl.java#L148


May be your code is bit old. Can you build the latest CC jar and patch it
and check please?

    ... 45 more
> *TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-10-06 00:53:31,679] ERROR
> {org.apache.stratos.manager.deploy.cartridge.DefaultCartridgeDeployer} -
> Exception in deploying the cartridge. Exception occurred while trying to
> invoke service method deployCartridgeDefinition
> {org.apache.stratos.manager.deploy.cartridge.DefaultCartridgeDeployer}*
> *TID: [0] [STRATOS] [2014-10-06 00:53:31,679] ERROR
> {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.CustomExceptionMapper} -
> Exception in deploying the cartridge.
> {org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.handlers.CustomExceptionMapper}*
> org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.exception.RestAPIException: Exception in
> deploying the cartridge.
>     at
> org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.services.ServiceUtils.deployCartridge(ServiceUtils.java:109)
>     at
> org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint.services.StratosAdmin.deployCartridgeDefinition(StratosAdmin.java:135)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:180)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)
>     at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:194)
>     at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:100)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:57)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:93)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:271)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:239)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:223)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:203)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:137)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:159)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:286)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:206)
>     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755)
>     at
> org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:262)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.continueInvocation(CompositeValve.java:178)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonTomcatValve$1.invoke(CarbonTomcatValve.java:47)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.webapp.mgt.TenantLazyLoaderValve.invoke(TenantLazyLoaderValve.java:56)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.TomcatValveContainer.invokeValves(TomcatValveContainer.java:47)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CompositeValve.invoke(CompositeValve.java:141)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.invoke(CarbonStuckThreadDetectionValve.java:156)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936)
>     at
> org.wso2.carbon.tomcat.ext.valves.CarbonContextCreatorValve.invoke(CarbonContextCreatorValve.java:52)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1653)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
>
>
>
>
> The cartridge definition I'm deploying is at [1].
>
> [1] -
> https://github.com/chamilad/stratos-policies/blob/master/php-cartridge-deployment.json
>
> Regards,
> Chamila de Alwis
> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>
>
>


-- 
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.
PPMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.

Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Mime
View raw message