stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <mep...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] [Service Grouping] Undeployment Process for a Composite Application
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:55:45 GMT
Hi Isuru,

+1

Please see a questions / comments inline

Thanks

Martin

From: isuruh@wso2.com [mailto:isuruh@wso2.com] On Behalf Of Isuru Haththotuwa
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 8:28 AM
To: dev
Subject: [Discuss] [Service Grouping] Undeployment Process for a Composite Application

Hi Devs,
The purpose of this thread is to discuss $subject.
I identified the following workflow:

  1.  Application owner undeploys the app via the rest API, using application id
  2.  This will be notified to CC over a service call
  3.  CC updates the Cluster and Application statuses to 'Inactive' in Topology, and send
the 'Application Undeployed' event
Martin> Not sure if this makes sense but I am wondering if status inactive necessarily
should mean that an application should be undeployed. I could think of a (possible) future
use case that we want to be able to deactivate an application  (e.g. maintenance mode) without
undeploying it, wdyt ? What are the application states we are currently supporting ?
  4.  Upon receiving the Application Undeployed event, Autoscaler will put the Application,
Group and Cluster Monitors' statuses to 'Terminating' and start terminating members. The monitors
will get removed. Also, the relevant events will be sent via the Application Status topic
and CC will update the Topology with the correct statuses for Clusters, Groups, etc.
Martin> I assume that not only application events but all the respective group, cluster
and member topology events will be sent as well as they transition through the respective
states, correct ?
  5.  Once everything is terminated and cleaned up, the Autoscaler sends the 'Application
Terminated' event
  6.  CC removed the application data from Topology upon the event Application Terminated
event, and notify the Topology listeners

WDYT?
--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048<tel:%2B94%20716%20358%20048>