stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <jeffr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Character limit for cartridge alias
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 18:29:16 GMT

Thank you Reka for getting back to me on this.   For the cluster ID limitation of 30 characters
max, is it configurable?  Where in the code do we define this limit?    I have same question
for the node name.

-Jeffrey

From: Reka Thirunavukkarasu <reka@wso2.com<mailto:reka@wso2.com>>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2014 10:48 AM
To: dev <dev@stratos.apache.org<mailto:dev@stratos.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Character limit for cartridge alias

Hi Jeffrey,

I'm not sure whether stratos enforces any character limit for the cartridge alias. If it is
not explicitly handled, then we can use the character limit as the DB support. The clusterId
which is generated by stratos, is taken 30 as the maximum length and the node name in jclouds,
is taken 3-15 characters as i could find it from the code segment in stratos.

Thanks,
Reka

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu) <jeffrngu@cisco.com<mailto:jeffrngu@cisco.com>>