stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Messaging protocol with Stratos python cartridge agent
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:40:13 GMT
Hi Paul,

AFAIU with the existing message design and with your points with the
Pub/Sub ,+1 for improve our Startos messaging model as far as we can as it
will improve the performance as well as standards.As far as I understood
the current messaging model , we can thinking about following two
suggestions.

*Suggestion 1 - *
We can used separate topic for the every event type.But AFAIN there are
around 30 events(same schema or shape) around in the current scenario and I
supposed it is growing as well.Please correct me if I am wrong here.So we
have to maintain separate topics for the each events and then easily we can
distinguished the messages based on the topic.

*Suggestion 2 -*
With the current implementation we used the "event-class-name" value to
distinguished the messages.IMO also We don't need to distinguished the
messages based on the header and we can easily include that in the message
body.But still I guess there will be a overhead is that every time we need
to deserialize  the JSON message and see what is the message class name
is.WDYT?

Please share your thoughts on this and also it is really appreciate if you
can recommend any other suggestion in your mind to improve the current
messaging model.

Thanks,
Gayan

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> public","status":"Activated","memberIp":"127.0.0.1
>> private","properties":{"mykey1xxxxxxxxx":"myvalweccccccccccccccc"}},"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom-member-1":{"serviceName":"gateway","clusterId":"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom","networkPartitionId":"network-partition1","partitionId":"cloud-partition1","memberId":"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom-member-1","portMap":{"9080":{"protocol":"http","value":8080,"proxy":9080}},"memberPublicIp":"127.0.0.1
>> public","status":"Activated","memberIp":"127.0.0.1
>> private","properties":{"mykey1xxxxxxxxx":"myvalweccccccccccccccc"}},"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom5863cf8d-2746-4be1-91e9-da98c2bcb5a9":{"serviceName":"gateway","clusterId":"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom","networkPartitionId":"network-partition1","partitionId":"cloud-partition1","memberId":"gatewaygateway.am.wso2.com.dom5863cf8d-2746-4be1-91e9-da98c2bcb5a9","portMap":{},"memberPublicIp":"public
>> IP","memberIp":"private
>> IP"},"lb-member-id-1":{"serviceName":"lb","clusterId":"lbisuruh.lk.domain","networkPartitionId":"network-partition1","partitionId":"cloud-partition1","memberId":"lb-member-id-1","portMap":{},"memberPublicIp":"public
>> IP of apistore","memberIp":"private IP of
>> apistore"}},"properties":{"mykey1weeee":"myvalweeeeeeeee1","mykey1tttttttt":"myvalweetttttttttttt1"}}},"portMap":{"9080":{"protocol":"http","value":8080,"proxy":9080}},"properties":{"mykey1weeee":"myvalweeeeeeeee1","mykey1tttttttt":"myvalweetttttttttttt1"}},"apistore":{"serviceName":"apistore","serviceType":"SingleTenant","clusterIdClusterMap":{"apistorestore.am.wso2.com.doma":{"serviceName":"apistore","clusterId":"apistorestore.am.wso2.com.doma","autoscalePolicyName":"auto-scl-pol1","deploymentPolicyName":"
>> dep-pol1","hostNames":["foo.org"],"tenantRange":"1-*","isLbCluster":false,"memberMap":{"apistorestore.am.wso2.com.doma298e2959-a3b4-45a0-a11f-7671606158ed":{"serviceName":"apistore","clusterId":"apistorestore.am.wso2.com.doma","networkPartitionId":"network-partition1","partitionId":"cloud-partition1","memberId":"apistorestore.am.wso2.com.doma298e2959-a3b4-45a0-a11f-7671606158ed","portMap":{},"memberPublicIp":"pub
>> ip","status":"Activated","memberIp":"ip","lbClusterId":"lbmongolb594224131.mongolb.dom"}}}},"portMap":{"9080":{"protocol":"http","value":8080,"proxy":9080}}},"lb":{"serviceName":"lb","serviceType":"SingleTenant","clusterIdClusterMap":{"lbisuruh.lk.domain":{"serviceName":"lb","clusterId":"lbisuruh.lk.domain","autoscalePolicyName":"auto-scl-pol1","deploymentPolicyName":"
>> dep-pol1","hostNames":["foo.org
>> "],"tenantRange":"1-*","isLbCluster":false,"memberMap":{}}},"portMap":{"9080":{"protocol":"http","value":8080,"proxy":9080}}}},"initialized":false}}
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Gayan
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you post an example of the headers and body?

MQTT is

Also with the

messaging
discussion[1] we can summarize