stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Stratos and Kuburnetes and docker support.
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:19:56 GMT
Hi,

I've started working on implementing registering Kubernetes endpoint.
I've shared the Kubernetes information model and sequence diagram for
registering a Kubernetes endpoint (images attached). Also this can
viewed on draw.io at [1,2]. We can represent a Kubernetes cluster
(master and slaves) by KubernetesGroup class which will contain
KubernetesHost list and KubernetesMaster attributes.

The following REST API endpoints will be exposed to
register/update/remove Kubernetes clusters. Note that it will
dynamically register Kubernetes endpoint and persist them in
auto-scaler registry. Autoscaler will keep an in-memory information
model of registered Kubernetes clusters and provide web services to
query and retrieve Kubernetes hosts information.

POST /kubernetes/deploy/group  - Creates a KubernetesGroup object
PUT /kubernetes/deploy/host/{kubernetesGroupId}  - Creates a
KubernetesHost object under the KubernetesGroup object identified by
kubernetesGroupId
PUT /kubernetes/update/master  - Updates a KubernetesMaster object
GET /kubernetes/group  - Retrieves a list of KubernetesGroup objects
GET /kubernetes/group/{kubernetesGroupId}  - Retrieves the
KubernetesGroup object identified by kubernetesGroupId
GET  /kubernetes/{kubernetesHostId} - Retrieves the KubernetesHost
object  identified by kubernetesHostId
DELETE /kubernetes/group/{kubernetesGroupId} - Removes  the
KubernetesGroup object identified by kubernetesGroupId
DELETE /kubernetes/group/{kubernetesHostId}  - Removes the
KubernetesHost object identified by kubernetesHostId

[1] https://www.draw.io/#G0B4VuDZ50W69_SFozbS1vRVpyOEk

[2] https://www.draw.io/#G0B4VuDZ50W69_d0NPSmFBM2ZsVWs

This is a draft design and might require further improvements. Would
appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
--
Akila Ravihansa Perera