stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Meta Data Service Client as a Separate Component
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:02:59 GMT
+1 for a generic client as code would be easy to manage if so.

Nirmal has suggested "RestEasy" at the thread "Java client for Kubernetes
REST API". It seems that is a good library.
Shall we stick to that?

Thanks.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Sajith Kariyawasam <sajith@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Akila,
>>
>> I'm not aware if there is a generic carbon component for this. But, I
>> totally agree with the second point; we can implement a generic rest
>> client. Currently we have one in the CLI, and now we are going to have the
>> same for Kubernetes and Meta Data service clients. We can put all the
>> required functionality in a single component and re-use.
>>

> +1 for a generic rest client. I also need to have a rest client for
> invoking Jenkins docker image build operations.
>

>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <
>> ravihansa@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Isuru,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the explanation.
>>>
>>> Don't we have a Carbon platform component to achieve this? Just making
>>> sure we are not replicating the functionality.
>>>

>>> Can we create a generic REST client that can be used for communicating
>>> with other REST services too? For eg - we need to have a REST client
>>> to communicate with the Kubernetes API for Docker integration.
>>>

>>> Any thoughts?

>>> ravihansa@wso2.com>

>>> does not

>>> permission

>>> service
>>> can

>>> --
>>> Akila Ravihansa Perera
>>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>>
>>> Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> --
>>> <http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> Isuru H.
>>> <http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com>
>>> +94 716 358 048 <http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com>* <http://wso2.com/>*
>>>

>>> * <http://wso2.com/>*
>>>

> --
> *Sajith Kariyawasam*
>

> *Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
> <http://wso2.com>AMIE (SL)Mobile: +94772269575*

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954