stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <jeffr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: STRATOS-698 and issue with single private/public IPs in topology events
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 20:11:56 GMT
Hi Udara,

Thanks for trying out what I suggested earlier.  I think the only option is to enhance jclouds
to accept floating ip for a given fixed IP.
[1] shows that you should be able to allocate a floating IP and associate it with a fixed
IP for a given server
[2] looks like the Openstack API you need

[1] Note section at the bottom of http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/floating_ip_allocate.html
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/POST_os-floating-ips-v2_AddFloatingIP__v2__tenant_id__servers__server_id__action_ext-os-floating-ips.html

-Jeffrey

From: Udara Liyanage <udara@wso2.com<mailto:udara@wso2.com>>
Date: Friday, August 8, 2014 4:57 AM
To: Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <manulac@wso2.com<mailto:manulac@wso2.com>>
Cc: "dev@stratos.apache.org<mailto:dev@stratos.apache.org>" <dev@stratos.apache.org<mailto:dev@stratos.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: STRATOS-698 and issue with single private/public IPs in topology events

Hi Jaffrey,

I tried associating floating Ips multiple times. However only the first floating IP is allocated
to the instance. I manually tried using Openstack horizon UI and ended up in the same situation.
I doubt it is a problem with the Openstack setup I am using.
It seems that nova network API does not have the capability to specify an interface when associating
floating IPs. I am investigating whether this can be done with Jclouds Neutron API. I will
update the thread as I progress.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <manulac@wso2.com<mailto:manulac@wso2.com>>