stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com>
Subject The role of puppet agent in the spawned instance
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:10:38 GMT
Hi,

When creating a cartridge we set up the base image by specifying the
stratos service name and installing the packages needed for that service
using puppet. For example if we specify "php" as the service name PHP
packages and its dependencies will be installed.

When a new instance is created from a PHP cartridge init.sh is run at the
start. This also triggers the puppet agent.

What is the purpose of triggering puppet agent at instance start up? Is it
only to find any manifest updates?

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163