stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Stratos Concept Mapping against Deployment
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 05:54:40 GMT
Nirmal, I'm bit unclear, in Virtual Machine scenario, the partitioning
according to you is based on Availability Zone. Does that mean partitioning
can "only" be based on AZ's?  But according to our docs [1]  we can have
provider level, region level, zone level or rack level. So my understanding
is that we even can define a region as one partition in VM scenario, Isn't
it ?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.1.0+Cloud+Partitioning

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lahiru,
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> mm.. Then why a sub-partition?
>>>

>> Since Autoscaler should spawn both host machines + docker instances
>> inside host machines.
>>

> Basically, what we need is some parent-child relationship... I'll start a
> thread soon.
>
>>  May be i should wait on the other thread you start.
>>>

>> Yes, please.. I am still researching :-)

Please

I'll

>>> --
>>> --
>>> Lahiru Sandaruwan
>>> Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
>>> Senior Software Engineer,
>>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954