stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <jeffr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: STRATOS-698 and issue with single private/public IPs in topology events
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:23:49 GMT
Thanks Manula and Udara.  I created STRATOS-704<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-704>
to track the issue of topology events supporting only one public and one private Ips.

Currently, we're not using "publicNetworkUuid" for floating IP allocation.  It is rather allocated
based on the property named "defaultFloatingIpPool" in cloud-controller.xml (please refer
to STRATOS-646) (I believe this was also documented in Stratos wiki).   Ideally, I think we
want to allocate floating IP for each network interface based on the floating IP pool associated
with that network.   However, I think using single floating IP pool is good enough for now.
 So as far as this issue is concerned, you should not have to worry about "publicNetworkUuid".

BTW, the property "networkUuid" in the cartridge JSOn on the other hand is different from
"publicNetworkUuid".  "networkUuid" represents the uuid of a particular network interface
of the cartridge.  It is used to attach a network to a cartridge at launch.

I think for  STRATOS-698, what you need to do is instead of allocating floating IP only once,
do that as many times as the number of network interfaces defined for the given cartridge.

I looks like jClouds floating IP api does not provide the granularity of specifying which
network interface the floating IP is being allocated for.   So I'm not sure if allocating
floating IP against the same node multiple times will overwrite the previous floating Ip (for
the same network interface) or creating new floating IP for the next network interface.  Hopefully
it's the later case.

Your thoughts?

-Jeffrey