stratos-dev mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject installing stratos : using native packages or as docker images?
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2014 10:23:48 GMT
Hi Devs,

I've been thinking about the task of providing debian/redhat packages
for stratos, and the more I think about it, it seems that it may be
better if we provide docker images for different scenarios (e.g.
example puppet-master image, activemq image, single stratos product
image, separate stratos product images).

These images will work on all operating systems supporting docker and
will be fairly trivial for stratos administratos to install stratos
with just a few keystrokes (example below is for ubuntu hosts):

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install docker.io

# pull apache stratos repo
$ sudo docker pull apache-stratos

# set up example puppet master
$ sudo docker run -d apache-stratos/puppet-master

# set up activemq
$ sudo docker run -d apache-stratos/activemq

# set up stratos single jvm profile
$ sudo docker run -d apache-stratos/stratos-allinone

WDYT?

Cheers,

Chris