Hi Matteo,

According to Stratos architecture there are no requirements for using certain APIs/libraries for developing applications. It's completely loosely coupled. Applications can be developed according to the requirements of the cartridge they run on.

If you are looking at developing a Multi-Tenant application, AFAIK Tomcat does not provide Multi-Tenancy features out of the box. However you could use Carbon framework [1] for that. Yes I could see JBoss/Hibernate also provide Multi-Tenancy features [2].

[1] http://wso2.com/library/blog-post/2013/09/creating-a-saas-app-with-the-multi-tenant-carbon-framework-step-1/
[2] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Multi-tenancyDesign

Thanks