stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Praneesha Chandrasiri <pranee...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: website - home page cartridges section
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 05:04:45 GMT
Hi Madhura,

As also suggested in the mail with the subject "New Apache Stratos
website." in the <dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org> group, a description
can be added on Cartridges on the web site using the information in the
wiki docs as in [1].

For an example we can add thus:

A cartridge is a virtual machine (VM) on an IaaS that has software
components to interact with Apache Stratos PaaS. Apache Stratos provides
cartridges for PHP, MySQL and Tomcat based applications on OpenStack and
Amazon EC2 out of the box.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Cartridge

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I have tested them sometimes back with (AFAIR with milestone 7) and can
> find puppet module in [1]. They should work with 4.0.0.
>
> [1]https://github.com/apache/stratos/tree/master/tools/puppet3/modules
>

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 1:03 AM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Madhura,
>>
>> The cartridge section on the homepage of the website just contains a
>> bunch of images at the moment.    What are these images?  Are these
>> the cartridges that Stratos currently supports, or do they represent
>> the kind of things you could run on Stratos?
>>
>> It would be good if we could add a paragraph of text to go in that
>> section.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Chris
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Thanks & Best Regards,
*Praneesha Chandrasiri*
*Technical Writer*