stratos-dev mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Change Artifacts Stored in Registry to a Readable Format to Support Migrations
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:50:36 GMT
Hi Udara, I'm not sure of the situation with JSON, but when using XML
it is possible to evolve a schema as long as changes are done in a
backward compatible way.  For example, if you add an optional field,
the parsing code will be able to read xml created with and without the
field.  However, IIRC java object serialisation is much more rigid and
this won't work.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69