stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] MB Fail Over Handling - Adding a Ping Topic Consumer in 4.0.0 release
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 04:52:41 GMT
Hi,

Please find my comments in-line:

> - We got to have a health check mechanism. May be with low frequency if
> what nirmal claims is true.

Yes we could make the frequency configurable.

> - What prevent us from publish/subscribe both in the health checker..

With the current implementation we have not added a health checker to
publisher as it detects a connection drop at the time it tries to publish a
message.

> - I am not convinced about having consumer in SM.

The problem here is there could be N number of subscribers for a given
topic. Each subscriber has a health checker and each sends ping messages to
the ping topic (may be we could call this "keepalive").

So if we introduce a ping message consumer it will receive all the ping
messages sent by N subscribers. Now the question is, are we going to
introduce a ping message consumer for each health checker instance or are
we going to have one ping message consumer in a Stratos component?

> - health check should be independent of other system components.

Agree

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2