stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Sathyasuriya Priya <sathyasur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vagrant environment now supports testing
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 04:07:47 GMT
hi Chris,

Just some clarification on how you run your setup.

   1. You create a VM with 5gb ram and follow the instructions (install
   vagrant+virtualbox, clone your repo, run-script) inside it.
   Or your base OS in the laptop is linux and you follow the instructions
   directly.
   2. How much time does it take to finish all the steps.

Some info on what I am trying:

   1. In my old laptop with linux, I try the direct method. But virtualbox
   is not able to run 64 bit VMs.
   2. I tried creating a server machine in Google Compute Engine(GCE),
   followed direct method. Again virtualbox is not able to run 64bit VMs.

I added 32bit VM [1] in Vagrantfile and hit couple of issues.

   1. I could use ~3584 for VM memory. Increasing beyond this, VM doesn't
   start.
   2. In stratos.sh fixed a typo in fix_git_tls_bug() "sudo apg-et update"
   3. In fix_git_tls_bug() changed git version to 1.8.* since my
   ubuntu13.10 version had that.

Now the stratos.sh is taking lot of time(may be 3-4 hours) and still
executing. I see logs getting appended to stratos.log. So it's not stuck.

Can I install vagrant+virtualbox in my newer windows laptop and follow the
instructions directly in windows ?

[1]
http://opscode-vm-bento.s3.amazonaws.com/vagrant/virtualbox/opscode_ubuntu-13.10-i386_chef-provisionerless.box