stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Wiki] Fault Handling Scenarios
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 05:33:20 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

If the instance is still running, Auto-scaler will terminate the instance
and remove all the in-memory content related to that member. Thereafter,*
based on the Auto-scaler rules, Auto-scaler will decide whether another
instance should be spawned* in the cluster.

In a faulty member scenario: when the faulty  instance is terminated ,AS
instantly spawn another instance in the same partition. Doesn't it. AS
rules have no connection for faulty member handling AFAIK.

Please clarify.

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com>wrote:

> Nice work Mari,
>
> Shall we replace 'and/or' with or?
>
> Because the instance is down means the CA is down.
>

> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Mariangela Hills <mariangela@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Based on Lahiru's suggestion I added Stratos fault handling scenarios
>> [1]. In addition, based on Imesh's input yesterday, I updated this doc with
>> information on the Ping mechanism to handle the scenario when MB is down.
>> Are there any other scenarios that we need to address in this page?
>>

>> [1]
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Fault+Handling+Process
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mariangela
>>

>> *--*
>> Mariangela Hills
>> Senior Technical Writer
>>
>> *WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
>> m: +94 773 500185
>> w: http://wso2.com
>>  <http://wso2.com/events/>
>>

> --
> --
> Lahiru Sandaruwan
> Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
> Senior Software Engineer,
> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954