stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Load Balancer Statistics Publishing Sliding Window
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 02:06:34 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

This is regarding the modification we did in load balancer statistics
publishing logic in LB to publish statistics every one minute from LB to
CEP.

Commit Revision: 7d8a8b3cdfb112affc230c6716d71a24e0a35c0a

I think there is a problem with this design. Ideally the time window
processing logic should reside in CEP. I just went through the CEP
artefacts and found that we already have an execution plan to calculate
load balancer statistics every one minute and publish to Auto-scaler:

<queryExpressions><![CDATA[
from lbStats1#window.timeBatch(1 min)
select cluster_id,network_partition_id, avg(in_flight_request_count) as
count group by cluster_id,network_partition_id  insert into
average_in_flight_requests;]]></queryExpressions>

Could you recall what was the exact issue we experienced when we decided to
do this modification?

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne