stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSOC load balancing support queries
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 23:59:27 GMT
Hi Suriya,

Sorry for the late reply, please find my comments inline:

> 1. Does Stratos have a load balancer within itself or only provides
> support for external load balancers to be used with stratos.

Yes Stratos has a load balancer and also provide support for external load
balancers.

> 2. Does the load balancer also run in a cartridge, and a special cartridge
> is available for loadbalancer.

Yes load balancers are spawned in runtime using a cartridge.

> 3. For loadbalancing support in google compute engine, we would first need
> some minimal support for Stratos to run in GCE. Gsoc idea [3] covers that.
> Does the proposal need to consider that as well ?

A good point. No we could implement load balancing support for GCE
separately. It may not overlap with GCE IaaS support implementation for
Stratos.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne