stratos-dev mailing list archives

From chris snow <chsnow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docker support for Stratos
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 04:43:27 GMT
Hi Damitha,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll incorporate the chmod changes.

I've good knowledge of the Stratos installation steps **except** for
(1) connecting Stratos to the IaaS, and (2) registering the
cartridges.

It looks like the Stratos wiki now covers (2), but doesn't really
cover (1), for example after configuring the OpenStack jclouds
connectivity details I'm not sure how to test that Stratos is
correctly talking to OpenStack.

I think I may hold on the OpenStack+Docker+Stratos install and focus
on the OpenStack+Qemu+Stratos install as that is where the Stratos
wiki seems to have the best documentation.

Many thanks,

Chris

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:21 AM, damitha kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Your vagrant script is great and my Openstack/Docker environment created by
> it work fine. The only change I did to the script is that I did following
> after downloading installer scripts. Otherwise permission error occur.
>    chmod +x /home/vagrant/devstack/tools/docker/install_docker0.sh
>    chmod +x /home/vagrant/devstack/tools/docker/install_docker1.sh
>
> Please let me know when you finish the whole evironment(including Stratos
> installation) to test it. Since you are already expert on Stratos
> installation I think you can continue the rest without waiting for Part 2 of
> my article.
>
> Thanks,
> Damitha
>

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Damitha,
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM, damitha kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Chris,

>> > No what I meant is not to remove the partially downloaded registry, but
>> > continue the download from partially downloaded state until it complete.
>> >>

>> The '-c' option to wget should do that?   Or have you had problems
>> with wget which is why you were using curl?

>> > Thanks Chris, This is useful information. This will be useful when I
>> > want to
>> > move to the  latest version of Stratos. Or is there a better way where
>> > we
>> > can upgrade my development environment to latest version of stratos
>> > without
>> > doing a clean rerun of Vagrant?.
>> >

>> I have another script for setting up stratos: 'stratos_dev.sh'.  See
>> '-h' for the options.  '-f' does quite a few things for you.   After
>> '-f', try running '-d' to setup ubuntu, eclipse, etc for you.
>>
>> > And can we shift between two versions of Stratos?. In normal Virtualbox
>> > environment I do this by having vbox snapshots for each setup. In that
>> > way
>> > when I want to work with a particular version I just make the
>> > corresponding
>> > snapshot as current.
>>
>> At the moment the stratos_dev.sh script works on master
>> (STRATOS_SRC_VERSION="master"), but I can make some changes to the
>> script to allow users to flip between versions of stratos.
>>
>> Another option is to clone the vagrant project into two different
>> directories - one for each version of Stratos you want to work with.
>> You can then use 'vagrant suspend'  and 'vagrant resume' to pause and
>> resume guests.
>>

>> > Damitha

I just
-f" && vagrant