stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Autoscaling] Allowing users to configure an upper and a lower limit of threshold values
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:06:06 GMT
Sent from my mobile.
On Apr 29, 2014 10:29 PM, "Nirmal Fernando" <nirmal070125@gmail.com> wrote:

> Asiri could build on top of my changes, I suppose?

We can eliminate these factors and threshold limits completely then.

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahirus@wso2.com>
wrote:

>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Lahiru, this should be ok right?
>>

>> Yes. But for 4.1.0, we will be counting the required number of instances
with proposed Gsoc project by Asiri.

user's auto-scaling policy. Then inside the scaling related drools rules it
calculates an upper bound and a lower bound by multiplying the average
threshold value by two non-configurable constants.

rifAverageLimit * 0.8)) || (mcReset && (mcPredictedValue > mcAverageLimit *
0.8)) || (laReset && (laPredictedValue > laAverageLimit * 0.8)))
< rifAverageLimit * 0.1)) && (mcReset && (mcPredictedValue < mcAverageLimit
* 0.1)) && (laReset && (laPredictedValue < laAverageLimit * 0.1)))

configurable via auto-scaling policy.

values when taking the scaling decision.