stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Cartridge Events Diagram
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:45:04 GMT
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Indeed this is an interesting thought. Please find my thoughts below:
>

>> So in some cases where installing puppet into the cartridge is not
>> practical or used, a cartridge should rely on its own artifact fetching
>> mechanism for package config as the current "application artifact
>> synchronization" mechanism as implemented can't be used for server
>> bootstrapping and post install config.
>>

> Yes exactly this is the current design. Puppet is not mandatory to run
> Stratos and ADC has no relationship with puppet. Stratos Manager and
> Cartridge Agent manages ADC via Message Broker and given Git repository.
>

>> Just wanted to point out that moving the code that perform a git pull
>> before the start server phase, preserves the ability to perform application
>> artifact deployment but would also allow the artifact repository to be also
>> used for other types of artifacts distribution.
>>

> IMO in this design we might need to introduce an intermediate artefact
> repository. As a result the artifact synchronization process would need to
> synchronize on two levels. External repo -> Stratos repo -> Instances.
> Don't you think this is unnecessary and increase the possibility of causing
> synchronisation issues?

I did not get External repo -> Stratos repo -> Instances thing imesh. Its
just sync artifact repo.

I think what vanson telling some cases, configuration artifact need to
place before start the servers. (if them not support hot deploy). In that
cases, this is very valid point.

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Mobile : +94714289692