On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu) <jeffrngu@cisco.com> wrote:
Hi Martin,

I just saw this commit e20b3ea41b9f692f16567cce4e8cc7dc241e5ce6 (Adding internal repo based cartridge subscription. Adding service group property to Cartridge definition) today.   Looks like Sajith just added an enhancement to allow grouping of services.

Sajith,

Can you comment on the use of the new service group property?

Hi Jeffrey,

I added that property to allow simple grouping of cartridges. Cartridges having the same group name will be displayed in a group in UI so that subscriptions can be done to that group.

Thanks,
Sajith

Thanks,
-Jeffrey

From: Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
Date: Monday, March 17, 2014 8:17 PM
To: "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org" <dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Grouping of services (cartridges)

Hi Martin,

As Nirmal mention, we can looked at CAMP support for composite application deployment. It is great if you can do some R&D on it. We have to focus on following, which came to my mind at this point
  • How we can group cartridges (cartridge type, versioning etc.)
  • Need to identifying cupeling pattens. loosely coupled or tiredly coupled. For eg. some scenario we have to group application cartridge with data cartridges, in that case best is run in single network partition. This is somewhat tiredly coupled. So scaling them into deferent region, we have to maintain these coupling. (sometime we have to maintain ratio of the cartridge dependency)
  • How can we deploy composite application artifacts into relevant cartridges. (single repository maintain artifacts for all group cartridges. Artifact distribution coordinator which reside in SM need to distribute among dependance cartridges)
  • think about scale up/down scenarios
  • Start dependancies

IMO we can bring this support on 4.1.0/4.2.0 release.

thanks