stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Stratos for Graduation?
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:25:41 GMT
That doesn't answer my question. What positive steps forward has the PMC
taken?

Attracting diverse contributions and regularly recognising merit are as
core to the Apache Way as I think it gets, FWIW. These are fundamental
values that I hope all podlings graduate with.

On 23 March 2014 18:22, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:

> Noah you've stated your position many times .. it'll be very interesting
> to hear what the other mentors think. These things are not absolute as you
> know. Second different ASF projects operate differently and there's no one
> true way to follow.
>
> Sanjiva.
>

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> For me, it comes down to this: has Stratos demonstrated that:
>>
>> a) It prioritises, and takes positive steps towards, attracting diverse
>> contributions
>> b) Regularly recognising merit where it exists
>>
>> I'd say that things are looking good and that I'm hopeful that in a few
>> months this picture will look even better. But that right now, I wouldn't
>> feel comfortable saying to the IPMC/board that yes, I am confident there
>> are no issues.
>>
>> I've asked a few times now, but it seems like my questions are doing
>> missing in the ether. Has the PMC implemented any of the suggestions from
>> my November mails? What other positive steps forward have been taken to
>> attract contribution?

>>> Its clear your view on this is to wait. That's fine - you are of course
>>> entitled to your view. As a long time ASF Member I personally think your
>>> view is rather narrow on this but obviously that's my biased view.
>>>
>>> According to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/stratos.html, there
>>> are a bunch of mentors and of course we have Ross as the champion. What do
>>> the rest of the mentors think?
>>>
>>>  Champion rgardler Ross Gardler Mentors azeez Afkham Azeez . smarruSuresh Marru.mpierceMarlon
Pierce.chipchildersChip Childers.mnourMohammad Nour.nslaterNoah Slater.antelderAnt Elder