stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Stratos for Graduation?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 03:43:23 GMT
Thanks. Roy makes some good points. But I'm not sure how they apply here.

I think we agreed last time that we'd like to see some more
participation from people outside of WSO2, as this would show that the
project was attracting outside interest. It would also help to
demonstrate, assuming things were going well, that the project was
able to govern itself functionally as an Apache project (where project
independence is of vital importance).

"Taking next step and encouraging the active CoPDoC (taking from
Forest link below) and recruitin non-WSO2 folks to PPMC will certainly
make a big statement and make every one be more comfortable."

Has this aggressive recruitment of new contributors happened?

On 21 March 2014 04:30, damitha kumarage <damitha23@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess it this thread [1]
>
> Damitha
>
> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201206.mbox/%3C823E2822-7791-4262-A30E-6B614ACD9760@apache.org%3E
>

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 5:49 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Can you cite that email? I can't find anything.
>>
>> Diversity is very important. And while I don't have all of the
>> information needed to know for sure, I'm concerned that it might be an
>> issue for Stratos.
>>
>> The last time this was discussed, we talked about making an increased
>> effort to recognise merit within the community in people who do not
>> work for WSO2. Has that happened? Two new non-WSO2 committers in four
>> months is a little lower than I had hoped for.
>>
>> What do you mean when you say that Stratos has demonstrated the right
>> behaviour?
>>

>> On 21 March 2014 01:11, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:
>> > I just read the "there's no diversity requirement in ASF" email by Roy
>> > and
>> > its very enlightening!
>> >
>> > I think we've amply demonstrated the "right" behavior by ASF standards.
>> > That
>> > was easy for us because we try hard to do the same in all WSO2 projects
>> > :-).
>> >
>> > I don't think we should wait any longer for graduation at least on that
>> > basis. The trademark aspect has also been accepted by Shane from the
>> > trademarks team (I clarified a question for them and he replied saying
>> > ack
>> > and ok). So What else do we need to do to march forward? Would be
>> > awesome to
>> > be ready by ApacheCon!
>> >
>> > Sanjiva.

IPMC. We are

>> > --
>> > Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
>> > Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
>> > email: sanjiva@wso2.com; office: (+1 650 745 4499 | +94 11 214 5345)
>> > x5700;
>> > cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1 408 466 5099; voip: +1 650 265 8311
>> > blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/; twitter: @sanjiva
>> > Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>>

>> --
>> Noah Slater