stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Some network related improvements for Stratos
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2014 23:17:10 GMT
Hi Jeffrey,

It's really nice to see your contributions to Stratos.

Regarding JCLOUDS-493, yes the best option would be to wait until the
1.7.2. However if we need this functionality immediately may be we could
fork jclouds including this modification.

*If we decide to fork jclouds:*
We could create a folder called "dependencies" in stratos root (inside
incubator-stratos) and fork jclouds 1.7.1 into it with a new version
(something like 1.7.1-stratos-v1). Then we could apply JCLOUDS-493 on top
of it and update the jclouds dependency versions in Stratos to
1.7.1-stratos-v1.

Once jclouds releases its next version, 1.7.2 we could remove this fork
from Stratos code base.

Thanks

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu) <
jeffrngu@cisco.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm currently working on the Stratos enhancement to support assignment
> of fixed private IP addresses and ports to a cartridge (STRATOS-507).   I'm
> planning to submit a pull request for this JIRA some time next week.
>  STRATOS-507 depends on a jClouds enhancement (JCLOUDS-493), which is
> available on jClouds 1.7.x branch.   I understand Stratos 4.0.0 Alpha
> currently using jClouds 1.7.1.
>
>  What's the process to get JCLOUDS-493 into Stratos 4.0.0 Alpha?   Do we
> need to wait for the next release of jClouds 1.7.1?   Without this, I won't
> be able to submit a pull request for STRATOS-507.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  -Jeffrey
>

>   From: Lakmal Warusawithana <lakmal@wso2.com>
> Date: Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:55 PM
> To: "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org" <dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org>
> Cc: Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>, "Vanson Lim (vlim)" <
> vlim@cisco.com>, jeffrngu <jeffrngu@cisco.com>, "Subbu Sundararajan
> (subbus)" <subbus@cisco.com>
>
> Subject: Re: [Discuss] Some network related improvements for Stratos
>
>   Hi Martin,
>
>  You can create a JIRA [1] for propose improvement/bug fixing. And when
> you are ready you can submit a patch (attached patch to the relevant JIRA).
> You can find the process of submitting a patch here [2]. Then commiters
> will review the patch and applied to relevant repository.
>
>  [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS
> [2]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/Contributing+as+a+Non-Committer
>
>  I hope this will help you guys. Please let us know further help need.
>
> thanks
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM, Martin Eppel (meppel) <meppel@cisco.com>wrote:
>
>>  Thanks' Nirmal for the pointers -
>>

>> once the code is ready is there a process to get it submitted and checked
>> in into the GitHub (review, etc, ...) ?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Martin

Imesh Gunaratne