stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: partition information
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:00:01 GMT
Hi Chris,

Find my answers,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working through the wiki user guide [1], and the first step is
> setting up the partitions.  There is also a link to a sample partition
> [2].
>
> However, the is little background inforrmation on partitions, e.g.
>
> - what are partitions?

A portion of an IaaS which can be defined by any separation that an IaaS
has.

E.g. Zone, Rack, etc.

We have to mention about partition groups here. Partition groups are also
known as "network partitions". As the name implies, this is the an area of
an IaaS that is bound by one network of an IaaS. We can include several
paritions inside a network partition.

E.g. Region

> - how are partitions used by stratos?

We can define partition in stratos to manage the instance count. You can
define min and max for that. We can select to use round-robin or
one-after-another algorithms when scaling happens among several partitions.

- how do I design my partitions for my PaaS?

Previous answer had some clues. Your definition point of your PaaS is the
deployment policy. There, you can organize your partitions and partition
groups(network partitions) as you want.

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks.

> Shall I raise this as a defect in JIRA?   Alternatively, I can update
> the wiki, if someone can email me the answers to the above questions.
> How do I get wiki access?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> ---