stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com>
Subject Instance spawning when it failed to allocate a floating ip
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2014 03:14:14 GMT
Hi all,

We need to consider on $subject, since we spawn an instance when it failed
to create a floating ip. As we throw an exception when it failed to
allocate a floating ip, CC won't create a new member in the Topology. Since
the instance creation failed, autoscaler doesn't keep track of this
instance and it will try to spin another one instead. This will lead to
resource exhausted state at some point in the IaaS.

How can we avoid this happening? Can we make the CC capable of terminating
the instance when it failed to allocate an ip or Can we create the member
with a different state like pending or something to the topology and
returns the call successful to autoscaler. So that, autoscaler can detect
this instance as pending and terminate it at some point.

Any thoughts regarding this?

Thanks,
Reka

--