stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [stratos developer's guide] high level architecture diagram
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 07:14:21 GMT
Hi Chris,

I will review these thoroughly in the weekend.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've created a simplified high level architecture diagram [1] (based
> on Lakmal's diagram) for the developers guide [2].
>
> The diagram aims to show the main components and the types of
> communication between those components.
>
> It may even make sense to simplify further by removing the topic names
> [3] as that information probably is too much to start with.

IMO, It's better to have the topic names as the communication is much more
clear. And it would be better to have which one publishes and which ones
are subscribed.

> Do these diagrams make sense?
> Where I have '???' What are the types of these messages?

Cloud Controller doesn't have direct communication with Load Balancer. LB
is just a Cartridge to CC.

ADC uses the instance-notifier topic. Same as other pub/sub communications.
ADC publishes, Agent subscribes.

> Does jclouds interacted with the IaaS or interact with the cartridges
> to manage instances?

jclouds communicate only with the IaaS and the basic operations are
spawning & terminating instances.

Cartridge is just an instance in the IaaS and we install Cartridge Agent to
communicate with other Stratos components. We have scripts in the instances
to start up our Agent etc.

The IaaS part of your diagram should be more simplified. The OS is also a
part of the Cartridge. So, the cartridge will not be shown inside an OS.

--
Isuru Perera
Senior Software Engineer | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/

about.me/chrishantha