stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Stratos for Graduation?
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 17:36:34 GMT
Hi Noah,

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> For me, it comes down to this: has Stratos demonstrated that:
>
> a) It prioritises, and takes positive steps towards, attracting diverse
> contributions
> b) Regularly recognising merit where it exists
>
> I'd say that things are looking good and that I'm hopeful that in a few
> months this picture will look even better. But that right now, I wouldn't
> feel comfortable saying to the IPMC/board that yes, I am confident there
> are no issues.
>
> I've asked a few times now, but it seems like my questions are doing
> missing in the ether. Has the PMC implemented any of the suggestions from
> my November mails? What other positive steps forward have been taken to
> attract contribution?

If you carefully followed there are many. Few listed below,

We have conducted 5 public hangouts since november,

   - 2013-11-14 Stratos Hangout 9
   - 2013-11-18 Stratos Hangout 10
   - 2013-12-03 Stratos Hangout 13
   - 2013-11-28 Stratos Hangout 12
   - 2013-11-25 Stratos Hangout 13

And lot of discussion in dev, how we can remove barriers to get more
contribution. And PMC and committers addressed and keep addressing on those
technical barriers. Answering almost all user questions. Provided guideline
for many GSoC proposals. Provided 5 developer previews since november.
(this is mainly targeting new devs to easy test and get hands on code). I
believed we have done good amount of work here.

> On 23 March 2014 18:06, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> know
>>> current
>>>
>>> Those numbers look much better.
>>>
>>> (Though I still don't think we should be talking about un-announced
>>> elections. These people may not accept yet, or the IPMC/board might
>>> reject the appointments, and that could be embarrassing for them. We
>>> have to be very circumspect about this sort of thing!)
>>>
>>> I still suspect we ought to wait a little while longer to see how this
>>> plays out.
>>>

>> Its clear your view on this is to wait. That's fine - you are of course
>> entitled to your view. As a long time ASF Member I personally think your
>> view is rather narrow on this but obviously that's my biased view.
>>
>> According to http://incubator.apache.org/projects/stratos.html, there
>> are a bunch of mentors and of course we have Ross as the champion. What do
>> the rest of the mentors think?
>>
>>  Champion rgardler Ross Gardler Mentors azeez Afkham Azeez . smarruSuresh Marru.mpierceMarlon
Pierce.chipchildersChip Childers.mnourMohammad Nour.nslaterNoah Slater.antelderAnt Elder

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.