stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Malintha Adikari <malintha.adik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automate Apache Stratos Tests
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 08:57:50 GMT
Hi,

Evaluating different Test Automation Frameworks(WTAF) I have chosen WSO2
Test Automation Framework[1] for automating Stratos tests. In WTAF we can
store configuration details related to backend API tests a single place
(configuration file called automation.xml[2]). So we can store
configuration details such as host name, port address, tenant details.. etc
in that configuration file and get use of those configurations to write our
tests. The advantage of this approach is we can maintain our tests static
and we can change the configurations in the file if there are any changes
to the  configurations (Ex: In a case we want to execute same test cases
for different environment). Also it facilitates execute test using testng
annotations. I am working on the tests to cover all basic functionality
RestAPI provided using WTAF.

BTW I have question about where we store these test classes. In normal
project we can store these kind of test alone with it's source and execute
in the build time. But for Stratos we should have pre set-up environment to
execute these tests. WDYT ?

[1]https://docs.wso2.org/display/TA430/WSO2+Test+Automation+Documentation
[2]https://docs.wso2.org/display/TA430/Automation.xml+File

Regards,