stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <mep...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Grouping of services (cartridges)
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:49:40 GMT
Hi,

I think this property will be a quite useful piece to solve the grouping issue:

I also would like to suggest to add the serviceGroup to the topology map (in case it is not
yet available in the topology map). This  will help to tie together cartridges (or services)
in the autoscaler and , for example enable synchronized auto scaling behavior of services
within a service group, like synchronized scaling, sequenced boot up, etc ....

In addition the autoscaler should be enhanced to add additional (but optional properties)
in the auto scaling policy related to a service group to govern the respective auto scaling
behavior.

For example, related properties should identify a service group and other related properties
to define dependencies between the various cartridges in the service group like boot sequence,
scale up / down ratios, termination dependencies, etc ... . The property set (or json structure
) should be fairly flexible as we are just about to explore this new feature and should be
easily expandable.

I would think that these additions will also prove useful to integrate in the long term with
CAMP (or other spec) but will help to solve more immediate requirements

Btw, I am currently looking into this

What do you think ?

Thanks

Martin