stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Prashanth Jeevan Kumar" <prashanth.jee...@maplelabs.com>
Subject RE: Cartridge Creation Guide (was: "Creating a Cartridge" related scripts)
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:26:06 GMT
Hi Isuru,

                Thanks for the quick response.

Hi All,

Has anyone created and used php and mysql cartridges on openstack using
stratos 4.0. I would really appreciate your help to quickly get my POC back
on track.

I have been able to get the stratos UI up and connect to openstack however
since I have not been able to create an image for php and mysql I am not
able to proceed with getting an instance up and running on openstack.

Thanks & Regards

Prashanth

From: Isuru Perera [mailto:isurup@wso2.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:51 AM
To: dev; Prashanth Jeevan Kumar
Cc: Mariangela Hills
Subject: Cartridge Creation Guide (was: "Creating a Cartridge" related
scripts)

Hi,

Puppet [1] is used to automate cartridge configuration and we use it make
our life easy! :)

What we have done is that there is separate Puppet Master server is running
and the cartridge will have an init script to configure itself by
communicating with Puppet Master.

We have already provided the steps to configure a Puppet Master [2].

We will work on improving the docs and will try to provide answers for all
your questions.

This is just a quick reply for you.

Thanks!

[1] http://puppetlabs.com/