stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Nguyen (jeffrngu)" <jeffr...@cisco.com>
Subject Assign private IP addresses when subscribing to cartridge via CC
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:39:17 GMT
Hi Devs,

I'm looking for a way to assign private IP addresses when subscribing to cartridges via Cloud
Controller.   Ideally, these private IP addresses corresponds to their network interfaces
which can be specified in the NovaTemplateOptions.

Currently, when I subscribe to a cartridge, the private IPs are randomly assigned from their
respective networks.   I want to be able to use the private IPs defined in the cartridge definition.

jClouds supports specifying list of network interface UUIDs when launching cartridges, but
not specifying private IPs.

I was also playing with CloudControllServiceImpl.startInstance() and noticed that the private
IPs are assigned after  the MetadataNode is returned from the call "computeService.createNodesInGroup()".
  I modified the instance of MetadataNode returned from this call to overwrite the set of
randomly assigned private IPs with the ones I specified in cartridge definition JSON.   On
the Horizon GUI, I observed that the instance still came up with the randomly private IPs.

Questions:

  *   Does Stratos support assigning specific private IPs?
  *   What does "autoAssignIp" in cloud-controller.xml used for?   From the implementation,
it looks like regardless of the value (true/false), we are still getting the IP from the IP
pool.
  *   Does the above flag apply to both private and floating Ips?

Thanks,
-Jeffrey