stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Debo Dutta (dedutta)" <dedu...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Python based CLI tool
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:04:57 GMT
You may also want to check the openstack python clients like nova-pythonclient etc. https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient

debo

From: Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@wso2.com<mailto:isuruh@wso2.com>>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:47:48 +0530
To: "dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org>" <dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org<mailto:dev@stratos.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Python based CLI tool

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Pradeep Fernando <pradeepfn@gmail.com<mailto:pradeepfn@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi guys,

We have a Java based client in stratos for legacy reasons. we used WS calls to talk to backend
and client has to made SOAP requests. (java stubs were already avaialable and hence Java tool)

Now we use rest endpoints and hence we can make use of scripting language easily. Most of
the CLI clients i have seen make use of script language and its kind of cool. I personally
prefer python.

I did a bit of googling and tried out of few things to come up the initial POC version. Python
provides excellent support for making such utilities.

it provides, optparse module and command-interpreter module.

http://docs.python.org/2/library/cmd.html
http://docs.python.org/2/library/optparse.html

I would like to develop this further as my weekend project. (not targetting alpha). I need
a commit location. Is it okay to create a scratch branch...

wdyt ?
+1. IMO we can use a separate branch for this, and then merge back to master when its ready.

--pradeep

--
Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.