stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Python based CLI tool
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 02:06:03 GMT
Hi guys,

We have a Java based client in stratos for legacy reasons. we used WS calls
to talk to backend and client has to made SOAP requests. (java stubs were
already avaialable and hence Java tool)

Now we use rest endpoints and hence we can make use of scripting language
easily. Most of the CLI clients i have seen make use of script language and
its kind of cool. I personally prefer python.

I did a bit of googling and tried out of few things to come up the initial
POC version. Python provides excellent support for making such utilities.

it provides, optparse module and command-interpreter module.

http://docs.python.org/2/library/cmd.html
http://docs.python.org/2/library/optparse.html

I would like to develop this further as my weekend project. (not targetting
alpha). I need a commit location. Is it okay to create a scratch branch...

wdyt ?

--pradeep