stratos-dev mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <damith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support to spawn/stop LXC instances via jClouds :-)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:21:54 GMT
Hi,
I was able to do a stable setup of Docker 0.7.2 on Ubuntu 13.04 with
Havana/stable branch. I have written a blog post [1] explaining in detail
the steps. Openstack Havana/Docker experience is far better than our
previous experiences with Openstack Essex/lxc. Main thing is it seems to
solve stability issues.

Pros:
- Docker driver support for Openstack is active than lxc driver support
- It promise container portability with minimum effort.
- Provide image customization and manipulation facilities. Earlier we did
them iwith our own scripts.
- Docker repositories

Cons:
- Still some of the features promished not working. container suspend,
reboot don't work(I still did not check whether this solved by meta data
serivce patch). However could be rebooted from within. But we are not still
using these features from within Stratos(container pooling). Also spawning
instances correctly from snapshots did not work for me.

[1]
http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/2014/01/31/how-to-setup-openstack-havana-with-docker-driver/

Damitha Kumarage
http://people.apache.org/