stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Uniquely Identifying a LB Cartridge
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 03:19:35 GMT
Isuru,

Problem I see here is, if we follow the same structure, we have to keep
adding new elements to the configuration, which would make it complex to
configure. So, IMO we should keep using properties (since these are
optional elements) leveraging the extensibility of the Cartridge definition
file and correctly document them all.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isuruh@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>

> Currently it seems that identifying a LB cartridge is done using a
> property in cartridge definition ("name": "load.balancer", "value":
> "true"). The Autoscaler looks at this to decide whether to assign a normal
> Cluster Monitor or a LB Cluster Monitor. If this property is not available,
> there is no way to do this.

Well, the logic should be corrected (if it's not already there) to assume
the value of this property as false by default. So, if you didn't specify
it explicitly, its value still be false.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.