stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] [CEP] Shall we make Complex Event Processor Stream Definitions more descriptive?
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:50:17 GMT
Hi All,

I think it would be good if we could provide meaningful names and
descriptions for CEP stream definitions. WDYT?
I have updated the cluster partition in flight request count stream as
shown below:

    <streamDefinition name="stratos.lb.in.flight.req.count" version="1.0.0">
         <description>cluster partition in-flight request
count</description>
         <nickName>in-flight request count</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

Other streams are not that readable at the moment:

    <streamDefinition name="gradient_stats" version="1.0.0">
         <description>gradient stats</description>
         <nickName>gradient stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="aggregated_requests_stats" version="1.0.0">
         <description>aggregated requests stats</description>
         <nickName>aggregated requests stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="second_derivative_of_requests_stats"
version="1.0.0">
         <description>second derivative of requests stats</description>
         <nickName>second derivative of requests stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <!-- This section is for health stat -->

    <streamDefinition name="stratos.agent.health.stats" version="1.0.0">
         <description>agent health stats</description>
         <nickName>agent health stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="average_load_average_stats" version="1.0.0">
         <description>average load average stats</description>
         <nickName>average load average stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="average_memory_consumption_stats"
version="1.0.0">
         <description>average memory consumption stats</description>
         <nickName>average memory consumption stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="gradient_load_average_stats" version="1.0.0">
         <description>gradient load average stats</description>
         <nickName>gradient load average stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="gradient_memory_consumption_stats"
version="1.0.0">
         <description>gradient memoryconsumption stats</description>
         <nickName>gradient memoryconsumption stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="second_derivative_memory_consumption_stats"
version="1.0.0">
         <description>second derivative memory consumption
stats</description>
         <nickName>second derivative memory consumption stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="second_derivative_load_average_stats"
version="1.0.0">
         <description>second derivative load average stats</description>
         <nickName>second derivative load average stats</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

    <streamDefinition name="fault_message" version="1.0.0">
         <description>fault message</description>
         <nickName>fault message</nickName>
     </streamDefinition>

Thanks
Imesh