stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: detailed beginners installation guide for single node development environment
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:25:05 GMT
Hi Linc,

You are most welcome! Hope it would help.

One important point, at the moment we are in the process of designing the
Multi-Tenancy support for Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0. The initial
discussion could be found in mail thread "[New Architecture] [LB]
Multi-Tenancy Support - Proposal".

If it is possible for you to share your experience with your Multi-Tenant
application in the dev list it might be really helpful for us to consider
generic requirements you may have.

Important points:
1. User Management:
- How do you intend to manage super users and tenant users?
- The concern is that Stratos Manager might need to integrate with the
existing user management system.

2. Tenant URL Format
- If your application is accessed via HTTP what would be the URL format of
a tenant?
Examples:
1. https://<hostname>:<port>/t/<tenant-identifier>/<path>
- What would be the tenant identifier?

3. Tenant Partitioning
- Do you partition tenants into clusters?
- If so how do you group them?

Really appreciate your feedback on this.

Many Thanks
Imesh