stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: LB messages processor chain
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:27:46 GMT
Hi chris,

If it is a web service there is a wsdl for the service. By looking at the
WSDl you can view the exposed methods, the input needed and the output
returned from them.

For example Cloud Controller has exposed a API called
CloudControllerService. You can find the related WSDL at the following
folder.
[stratos]/service-stubs/org.apache.stratos.cloud.controller.service.stub

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Imesh,
>
> Sorry, the question was:  "how can a developer/tester/architect examine
> the external API that is exposed by the LB (and other Stratos
> components)?".
>
> A software tester would want to view the API so that they can determine
> how they will test the component through that API.
> An architect would want to view the API so that they can understand the
> services exposed by the component without looking through the code base.
>
> The API for a stratos component is the list of messages that it supports.
>  How can an architect or tester find a list of messages that each Stratos
> component supports?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> There was no requirement to expose a SOAP/REST API in the load balancer.
>> Therefore there is no WSDL/WADL added.
>>
>> BTW if your requirement is to examine the behaviour
>> of TopologyEventProcessorChain it shouldn't be that difficult. Basically
>> each processor corresponds to its event, if it didn't find the required
>> event it will pass the call to the next processor. Once it finds the
>> matching event it will build the Topology in Topology Manager and fire the
>> matching event listener.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Imesh
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:31 AM, chris snow <chsnow123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In the case of the LB MessageProcessorChain, the following processors
>>> have been added to the list:
>>>
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.ServiceCreatedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.ServiceRemovedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.ClusterCreatedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.ClusterRemovedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.InstanceSpawnedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.MemberStartedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.MemberActivatedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.MemberSuspendedEventProcessor
>>> org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.MemberTerminatedEventProcessor

--
Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com